I have spoken at universities, schools, and retreat centers throughout the Eastern United States to groups ranging in age from 12 to 90. Whether I present a paper on vulnerability in Jane Austen’s novels or perch on the steps of an Aztec temple and share stories from the diaries of Cortez’s closest associate, I hope to communicate my passion for faith, literature, and culture to my audience.
By connecting past and present and finding the relevancy of the traditional within the realm of the modern, I love to inspire audiences to find greater hope and direction in their lives.
Other topics I enjoy speaking about:
- Motherhood, its challenges and blessings
- Feminine genius as explored by 20th century Catholics
- Concepts of heroism & lives of the saints
- The purpose of pain and suffering
- The role of beauty in a life of faith
- True love & Christian dating
- Literary studies on classics by authors like Eliot, Shakespeare, Cather, Lewis, Tolkien, & O’Connor, and especially on applying their lessons to life
- Establishing a prayer life
- Character & leadership for teens and young adults
- Education in a technological society
- Personal faith testimony: Finding God in the ordinary
To contact me, email hensonkj[at]gmail.com.